$0.00
  • $25,000 E&O Insurance
    $104.00
  • Customer Care Hotline
    $0.00
  • Package Price
    $188.00
    Select

Want to perform remote online notarizations?

If you would like to register as a remote online notary, simply download the appropriate forms below.

Mid-Commission notaries - If you are currently commissioned as a notary and would like to register as a remote online notary, download the RON Order form only, below. Mail, email or fax your completed order form and payment to our office for processing. Your remote notary bond and E&O policy will be emailed to you within one business day, along with instructions for completing the registration process with the Secretary of State. If you are purchasing a replacement commission certificate, it will be mailed you within one business day upon receipt from the State.

RON ORDER FORM ONLY - FOR MID-COMMISSION NOTARIES

New and Renewing notaries - If you are wanting to register as a remote online notary and apply for, or renew your commission all at once, download the forms RON Packet for NEW and RENEWING notaries, below. Complete and mail your application, order form and payment to our office for processing. Once the state approves your notary commission, we will email you the remote notary bond, E&O policy and instructions for completing the registration process with the Secretary of State.

RON PACKET FOR NEW AND RENEWING NOTARIES

Information Regarding Remote Online Notary

Beginning January 1, 2020 Florida notaries may register to perform remote online notarizations (RONs). At Notary Public Underwriters, we’re here to provide you with information regarding remote online notaries. Here are the answers to the most common questions.

What is a remote online notary?
A remote online notary is a commissioned notary public who is also authorized to perform notarizations online using audio-video technology standards that meets the requirements set forth in Chapter 117, Florida Statutes, and Chapter 1N-7.001, Florida Administrative Code.

How can I become a remote online notary?
If you would like to register as a remote online notary, here are the steps you will need to take:

• Review statutes and rules related to notaries public and remote online notaries public.
  • Complete a 2 hour state approved course covering the duties, obligations and technology requirements for serving as a remote online notary.
  • Obtain a $25,000 notary bond. 
  • Obtain a notary errors & omissions insurance policy in the minimum amount of $25,000. We offer $25,000 to $100,000 in coverage for just pennies a day.
  • Select a RON service technology provider that is compliant with Florida law.
  • Complete the registration form, DOC 1N-7. The registration form will need to be notarized by another notary.
  • Submit the completed registration form along with payment of $10 by check payable to the Florida Department of State. You must include proof of your bond and insurance policy, a copy of your appointment as a notary public and evidence of completing a course for remote online notaries.

Is remote notarization the same as electronic notarization?
Many believe they are the same, but they are not. While electronic notarizations involve documents signed and notarized in an electronic format, all other elements of a traditional notarization apply, including the signer physically appearing before the notary. With remote notarizations, the transaction is performed online through means of audio-video technology rather than in person.

What kind of technology will I need to perform remote notarizations?
You will need to partner with a remote online notarization service provider whose technology complies with standards and requirements pursuant to Chapter 117, Florida Statutes, and Chapter 1N-7.001, Florida Administrative Code. Companies such as DocVerify, Notarize and Pavaso offer various services, which may include:

• Facilitating video conferencing for online notarizations
  • Verifying the identity of signers and witnesses
  • Attaching the notary's electronic signature and seal to digital documents
  • Storing electronic journal entries and video footage of online notarizations
  • Processing payments from the notary's clients 

We suggest you review several RON service providers to determine which one best serve your needs.

Can I use Skype or FaceTime to perform notarizations?
No. Contrary to popular belief, apps such as FaceTime, Skype and Google Duo do not meet the statutory requirements for a RON service provider.

Where can I take the course?
You may take the course on our website.

Order the Florida Remote Online Notary Course

May I use my current Errors & Omissions Insurance Policy as a remote notary?
If you purchased your Errors & Omissions policy from us and it is in the minimum amount of $25,000, you may use it as proof of coverage to become a remote online notary. If you purchased your policy with another company, you will need to contact them to confirm if your policy is valid for RON.

May I use my current bond to become a remote online notary?
No. Your current notary bond is in the amount of $7,500. You will need to purchase a $25,000 notary bond.

How long is the remote online notary registration valid?
The registration will run concurrently with your existing notary public commission and will expire on the same day, regardless of when the online notary registration was filed.

How long is the $25,000 notary bond in effect?
The notary bond will run concurrently with your existing notary public commission and will expire on the same day, regardless of when the online notary registration was filed. You will need to purchase another $25,000 bond upon renewal if you would like to continue being a remote online notary.

Where can I obtain the application to register as a remote online notary?
You may download the application here.

How can I obtain a $25,000 notary bond and the notary insurance policy?
We're glad you asked! You may purchase your notary bond and Errors & Omissions policy from us today! Your notary bond and E&O policy will be emailed to you within one business day along with instructions for completing the registration process at the State.

If you have additional questions regarding remote online notaries, contact our Customer Care team at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or (800) 821.0821. We are always happy and willing to help Florida notaries.