Shopping cart Cart empty
Notary Public Underwriters
 x 

Cart empty
Shopping cart Cart empty
  •  Notaries
  • Create an Account

Notary Public Underwriters Blog

Help! My best friend asked to borrow my notary seal. What should I do?

Hey, friend! I’m in a pickle. Can I borrow your notary stamp this one time?

We understand it’s difficult to say no, but say no you must. Not only are you responsible for keeping your notary supplies under lock and key as prescribed in the Florida Statues, allowing your friend to have possession of your notary seal puts them at risk of a second-degree misdemeanor.

When you become a Florida notary, you take an oath you must uphold to guard the office of notary public at all times. If we think about the types of powerful transactions that we are responsible for as a notary (weddings, mortgages, title loans, power of attorney) we can see the potential ramifications of something going wrong. It is vital we take this responsibility seriously and guard our notary supplies to the best of our ability.

In the situation above, you must tell your friend,

“So sorry, friend. I have to be a notary first and your bestie second.” 

If you would like to further discuss your responsibility of guarding your notary supplies, please call us, Notary Public Underwriters, your Florida notary bonding agency. We are always happy to help you navigate the Florida notary world. You can reach our Florida notary service department at (800) 821-0821.

Category: Notary Blog